[MapRoulette] Challenge prep time

Van Exel, Martijn martijnv at telenav.com
Tue Dec 6 15:30:06 UTC 2016

Hi Jochen and others,

On 12/6/16, 1:39 AM, "Jochen Topf" <jochen at remote.org> wrote:

    On Tue, Nov 22, 2016 at 04:32:44PM +0100, Jochen Topf wrote:
    > I just created by first challenge and now Status has been stuck on
    > "Building" for over an hour. Is that normal?
    >
    > There are about 3000 tasks in that challenge.

    Okay, Martijn told me this is most likely because I have the format of
    the tasks wrong. I was using the old format instead of the new format.
    So I don't get any error message or anything helping me to get the
    format right. Can anybody give me an example what the right format is? I
    couldn't find any documentation beyond "its GeoJSON" which doesn't
    really help me, GeoJSON is just too broad a description. I still need
    the identifier fields etc. don't I?

You don’t technically need anything beyond the geometries. The rest is set through the API separately, or in the wizard as you noted. You do need an identifier if you want to refer to the tasks by an identifier you want to control, but MapRoulette also sets its own that you can use.

    Also: I tried to change my input file to try a new format and now I
    can't upload it. When I edit my challenge the "Next" button on the
    dialogs randomly don't work. Well, the first time I tried the "Next"
    button didn't work, now three times "Next" worked, but the "Complete"
    button doesn't.

I noticed this too. Working on a fix!

    Jochen
    --