[MapRoulette] MapRoulette news

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Sat Jul 16 15:03:03 UTC 2016

Hi again,

A quick MapRoulette update to announce that the new MapRoulette has now
officially replaced the old version. So if you go to http://maproulette.org/
you will see the latest version.

We added some more features and fixed some bugs over the last week as well:

* MapRoulette is now (almost) fully translatable. You can take a look at
the base English strings file[1] and commit a version for your language.
This is a new feature and not yet documented well, so if you're interested
in doing this, contact me.
* Challenges can now set their own preferences for base map layer (you can
set a custom tile layer as well), default zoom level and allowed zoom
levels. You can update your existing challenges with this information as
well.
* Each user now has a profile, where you can set some personal settings and
preferences: your preferred editor, default base map layer (or custom tile
URL), your locale / language and a UI color preference.

No new challenges to report, but I hope some new ideas will pop up soon! If
you do not know how to create a new Challenge, please see the tutorial (or
ask me for help).

[1] https://github.com/maproulette/maproulette2/blob/master/conf/messages
[2]
https://github.com/maproulette/maproulette2/wiki/Introducing-New-MapRoulette---Part-1.-Creating-and-Maintaining-Challenges