[Merkaartor] Building Merkaartor - Problem with qmake

Guido Arnold watsolldat at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 12 16:18:53 BST 2008

2008/7/12 Chris Browet <cbro at semperpax.com>:

> If you don't need yahoo imagery, you can "qmake Merkaartor.pro
> NOUSEWEBKIT=1" to disable webkit altogether.

Worked perfectly. Thanks! Is this written somewhere in the wiki or
should I add a page for it? I just cannot think of a proper name right
now...

Anybody with a current ubuntu-based system (and doesn't need yahoo
imagery) should get happy with:

   sudo apt-get install subversion libqt4-dev qt4-dev-tools gcc g++
   svn co http://svn.openstreetmap.org/applications/editors/merkaartor/
   cd merkaartor/
   qmake Merkaartor.pro NOUSEWEBKIT=1
   make
   ./binaries/debug/bin/merkaartor

Anyhow, I'd suggest to update the INSTALL file. Anybody who follows
the current instructions, won't get a working binary. At least I
didn't.

Thanks again!

Guido