[Merkaartor] Add own file formats?

Norbert Wenzel n_wenzel at gmx.net
Sun Sep 21 13:39:43 BST 2008

Hi,

I wanted to ask if there is a possibility to add new file formats to
Merkaartor by just adding DLLs/SOs. I do not wan't to compile the whole
Merkaartor and set up all the QT dependencies, but I'd really like to
directly import the strange CSV format, my logger produces.

At the moment I run a self-coded app (actually a friend coded it, so I
do not have sources at the moment and it is in C# with WPF, which really
slows down the startup) which converts the special CSV from the logger
into a more or less good GPX.

I'd like to build a small DLL which is copied to a plugins folder loaded
at startup, so I can directly use my CSV. Or I might even (if I really
get bored) do live connections to my logger and do some live mapping as
a passenger (of course!) in a train or car.

So are there possibilities to create plugins at the moment?

Norbert