[Merkaartor] Add own file formats?

Norbert Wenzel n_wenzel at gmx.net
Sun Sep 21 14:02:19 BST 2008

Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> I wanted to ask if there is a possibility to add new file formats to
>> Merkaartor by just adding DLLs/SOs. I do not wan't to compile the whole
>> Merkaartor and set up all the QT dependencies, but I'd really like to
>> directly import the strange CSV format, my logger produces.
>
> Importing data via gpsbabel sounds better than plugins for every weird
> file format. Gpsbabel supports most formats well, so it would make sense
> to use it here.

I did try it and failed.
And I did not want to make that plugin public, I just wanted to ask, if
there is a possibility to add my own data source, for whatever strange
reason I might have for doing so.

So it would not change anything for the normal user, but If someone
likes to, he could get the data from wherever he likes.

Norbert