[Moderation] Rogue newbie mapper in Copenhagen

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sat Nov 21 15:29:04 GMT 2009

Morten,

Morten Kjeldgaard wrote:
> I sent the following message to osmf-talk, but only having received a
> single reply, I am wondering whether it was the right place to send it.

I don't think it was the right place but I thought that you'd probably
find that out yourself. OSMF would really only step in as a last resort
in cases where the community can't fix things.

If a significant number of Copenhagen editors believe that the edits by
this guy are really making things worse, then I think you should change
things back to what they were before.

But before entering such confrontation, it would be really good if you
could meet the person face to face. Maybe if you have a regular local
meeting you could invite him? Chances are that he'll either come and
you'll find that he's perhaps not so bad after all (and manage to talk
some reason into him), or that he won't come and, feeling less part of
the community by not coming, cease his activity.

Bye
Frederik