[Moderation] Rogue newbie mapper in Copenhagen

Peter Miller peter.miller at itoworld.com
Tue Nov 24 09:10:41 GMT 2009

On 23 Nov 2009, at 21:14, Brian Prangle wrote:

> In addition to Mark's suggested criteria which I think is a good
> start for mapping a process, I would add:
>
> failure to respond to a number (yet to be determined) of email
> requests or responded in a negative manner.
>
> I would also propose that a notice period be set in a final warning
> email (short - say a day so that not too much damage can be done)
> before reversion commences.

The problem with this is firstly that the longer one leaves
problematic data in the system the more chance there is that it will
not be possible to do a clean reversion when one decides to do so -
secondly that the errors will have ended up on the rendering and if
the errors an obscene or highly visible then this is not good.

Do check the 'guidelines' on the vandalism page - are these reasonable
as written? If not then lets update them. They include 'normal
revert', 'speedy revert' and 'virtual ban' all of which seem to play a
useful role.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Vandalism

Regards,

Peter Miller