[Moderation] Revert request - Russia, Irkutsk - Evgeny Mandrikov

Peter Miller peter.miller at itoworld.com
Sat Oct 3 19:57:41 BST 2009

On 3 Oct 2009, at 15:44, John Smith wrote:

> 2009/10/3 Peter Miller <peter.miller at itoworld.com>:
>> The only thing that stops me doing so is that I don't know who might
>> have copyright data for the place. Google don't have it, and nor does
>> Bing so I wonder who does - possibly the local authorities.
>
> The person reporting this suggested it was Garmin data...

I believe that Garmin use Navteq data as per this agreement [1]
however so do Bing but if you start zooming in on the town using
maps.bing.com it switches from Navteq to AND according to the (c)
message in the bottom right which possibly implies that Navteq don't
have good data there. Anyway.... I don't believe that Navteq would
have building outline data. Why would they need it?

Regards,

Peter

[1] http://www8.garmin.com/pressroom/corporate/111607.html