[OSM-newbies] Authorship

Mark Williams mark.666 at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Jul 8 09:17:16 BST 2007

Dan Karran wrote:
> Mark,
>
> On 6/23/07, Mark Williams <mark.666 at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> I see (today) that JOSM is showing Author as (mostly) Anonymous User -
>> Is this a JOSM problem, or a database problem? I saved a copy, and
>> /almost/ all the <user> tags are missing...
>>

> For your edits to be attributed to you, you need to make sure that
> you've clicked the button on the website (on your profile page there's
> a link to the settings page) to make all of your edits public, after
> which point you should see your name in the list.

{Gap in replies due to holidays ]

Yes - but the previous day I was there (having clicked the button
several months back) & then not only am I missing, but _everybody_ is.

This is still apparent on today's daily build of JOSM. In a fair chunk
of data, only 2 names appear - & only 3 edits between them.
It's just that I do use this to keep tabs on whether it's my bits I'm
editing sometimes, and I can't...

Mark