[OSM-newbies] JOSM error: 412 Precondition Failed

Þórir Már Jónsson thorirj at isavia.is
Tue Jul 31 16:54:35 BST 2007

Hi,

I've been doing a lot of offline editing with JOSM for the past
few weeks, and now that I have internet again I want to upload my data,
but when I try to do that I get the following error message:

Error while parsing: An error occurred: 412 Precondition Failed

On the JOSM page in the Wiki (http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/JOSM) I found the following:

If you get error 412 precondition failed, it means that something
changed on server in unexpected way. Try deleting affected objects.

Do I really have to delete the lot and start over?

You can download the data I've been working with here: http://vetur.net/files/Island.osm (5,5MB).

I am using the latest version of JOSM.

Best regards

Thorir Jonsson