[OSM-newbies] Help with JOSM

Christoph Eckert ce at christeck.de
Mon Mar 12 22:56:12 GMT 2007

Hi Francis,

> > Are those exactly the same, or does it look as anotherone
> > accidentally mapped the same region?
>
> Yup, exactly the same...

OK, so your data got uploaded twice.

[...]

> It may have been that, I don't know, but I do save it a lot.

Well, then please ensure to save after uploading and before quitting. If
you quit without saving after you have done an upload, it is likely
that your data contains elements which already have been uploaded,
*but* the data does not *know* that it's already been uploaded. So if
you open the file anew and upload new edits, you will even upload
previous edits again.

[...]

> Sure thing!! But I didn't explain it correctly. Actually, --'s are
> both ways, so maybe your solution won't work on that situation,
> right?

Yes. I guess both ways are oneways, yes? The rectangle is either a
roundabout or not, right?

> Damn, this thing is addicting!!!!!!

Yes, it is for sure. You need to stop yourself, otherwise you'll be
found as a Zombie in front of your machine some day ;-) .

Cheers,

ce