[OSM-newbies] merging GPX files

John McKerrell john at mckerrell.net
Wed Mar 14 07:47:33 GMT 2007

Your track files don't have timestamps. OSM requires that they do, I
think that this was originally put in as a method to make sure that
people really have actually gone out with their GPS and haven't
created a track file by drawing on top of a map or something like
that. I believe there's some scripts that you can get to artificially
add time stamps, hopefully someone else on the list can remember
these. If not I'll have a look through the mailing list archives for
it. Obviously for the future it might be good if you can get GPS
Track to add them itself to save you the bother.

John