[OSM-newbies] Beginner in unmapped region - Adelaide, Australia

Paul Schulz pschulz01 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 22:19:37 GMT 2007

Greetings,

Thank you all for your helpful responses..
  Iván Sánchez Ortega, SteveC, David Groom, Chris Fleming

Sound like I should give JOSM a look. The reason I chose Merkaartor
was that there was already a Ubuntu package available, which made
building and installing very easy (something I know how to do). It
should be possible to do the same thing for JOSM, which is something I
would be interested in looking into.

It looks like my street uploaded then :-) which is fantastic to see..
just need to add the roundabout at the end, and then onto the rest of
the suburb...

The article in question was called "Treasure try Maps" in edition 67
of Linux User and Developer (www.linuxuser.co.uk), under the Free
Culture banner. No mention of who wrote it, but it gives an excellent
introduction to the whole project. It would be really good (worked for
me) for introducing others to OpenStreetMap.Org.

Thanks again,
Paul Schulz <paul at mawsonlakes.org>