[OSM-newbies] [OSM-talk] Some Garmin maps

Christoph Eckert ce at christeck.de
Sun Mar 18 10:21:42 GMT 2007

Hi Robert,

> While I'm a newbie (bought my first GPS yesterday, don't get much
> more newbie-ish), I believe there is a problem with these maps.  I am
> able to upload other maps to my garmin 130 using sendmap (on linux,
> with serial-> usb cable, if it matters), but when trying to upload
> any of these, sendmap exits with this error:
>
> Not a valid map file - TRE is missing
>
> Ideas?

if you did use one of the ready to use GMAPSUPP.IMG files, sendmap
surely will fail. Instead, mount your device in mass storage mode.
You'll find a folder called »Garmin« there. Now copy the GMAPSUPP.IMG
into this folder, umount your device and the map should appear on the
display.

Does this help?

ce