[OSM-newbies] Understanding tiles

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Thu Mar 22 21:43:55 GMT 2007

I'm looking at the slippy map at
http://www.openstreetmap.org/index.html?lat=57.154&lon=15.556&zoom=14

The Mapnik layer shows "more OSM coming soon" and the Osmarender
layer shows a road (in red color, highway=primary) coming from the
west and ending right there.

But when I click "Edit" I can see that this way continues to the
east.  What now?  How long before Mapnik tiles "coming soon" and
why does the Osmarender have the tile 14/8899/5006.png but only
blank for the next tile to the right 14/8900/5066.png ?  The same
border is found at other zoom levels (14/8900, 13/4450 and
12/2225).

Perhaps the slippy map could provide a link (another tab?) that
explains the current state of tile rendering at the current point?

--
  Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)