[OSM-newbies] Can't download from my eTrex

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 21 20:09:34 BST 2008

On Monday 21 April 2008 19:47:58 Christoph Eckert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> maybe
>
> > gpsbabel -t -i garmin -f /dev/ttyUSB0 -o gpx -F track1.gpx
>
>    gpsbabel -t -i garmin -f usb: -o gpx -F track1.gpx

Found no Garmin USB devices.

The system appears to see it:

Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0403:6001 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd
FT232 USB-Serial (UART) IC

and /dev/ttyUSB0 is created.

> will work. If not, first try as root
> rmmod garmin_gps
> before continuing.

Remove a module?   Is that what you are saying?

This is the same laptop, same distro, same version as when I downloaded from
the old eTrex, so I would expect it to work.

Anne