[OSM-newbies] Data layer doesn't look like track shape

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 23 20:03:10 BST 2008

On Wednesday 23 April 2008 07:04:05 Mark Williams wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> > In the morning I'll have a look at that.  You seem to be saying that it
> > is seen as a storage device?
> >
> > I'm thoroughly confused by the other method.  I used gpsbabel as
> > instructed, and it most certainly did not give the trace that I see on
> > the eTrex screen. Fingers crossed that your method gives me better
> > results.
> >
> > Anne
>
> Just so!
>
> Track log interval is set (from the main menu - press 'find' twice) by
> picking tracks, then set-up, then 'auto' & 'most often'.

I can't see that.  Set-up offers me time, display, units, interface and
system.  None of them refer to interval.

> You'll want to use 'clear' every few days as well.
>
> SUB is set, from the same point, as 'setup' then 'interface' then 'USB
> mass storage' - if you do this with USB connected you'll see the PC find
> the device & probably open a window with your Etrex as a USB-stick!
>
> When done, be sure to unmount it properly (either sync & umount, or from
> the file menu) - I'm assuming you're not using Windows! This is less
> important if you copy from it but essential if writing TO it.

Obviously I have the wrong model.  This is an eTrex H, and it doesn't look as
though I can affect the interval at all.  USB is not an option either,
although there's a mode 'Text' which might do the job.  I've not had much
time today.  I'll try again tomorrow.

Anne