[OSM-newbies] Data layer doesn't look like track shape

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 23 21:01:00 BST 2008

On Wednesday 23 April 2008 20:10:08 Thomas Wood wrote:
> >  > Track log interval is set (from the main menu - press 'find' twice) by
> >  > picking tracks, then set-up, then 'auto' & 'most often'.
> >
> >  I can't see that.  Set-up offers me time, display, units, interface and
> >  system.  None of them refer to interval.
>
> Its under Traces and then Setup (It is confusing, I also hadn't found
> the option there until after owning the unit for a year!)

By Traces, do you mean the screen that shows the shape?  The options there are
orientation, autozoom, hide waypoints and show bearing line.

The good news, though, is that the manual definitely says 'Update Rate:
1/second, continuous'.

> The USB stuff doesn't apply here, I think the confusion is that you're
> using a serial to usb device? You should use whatever linux /dev/ that
> is created when plugged in.
> gpsbabel expects the unit to be in Garmin data transfer mode.

Which is where I started :-)  So, the trace produced by the gpsbabel command
should download the whole log?

Anne