[OSM-newbies] Data layer doesn't look like track shape

ael law_ence.dev at ntlworld.com
Wed Apr 23 21:37:09 BST 2008

Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Wednesday 23 April 2008 07:04:05 Mark Williams wrote:
>> Anne Wilson wrote:
>> [snip]
>>
>>> In the morning I'll have a look at that.  You seem to be saying that it
>>> is seen as a storage device?
>>>
>>> I'm thoroughly confused by the other method.  I used gpsbabel as
>>> instructed, and it most certainly did not give the trace that I see on
>>> the eTrex screen. Fingers crossed that your method gives me better
>>> results.
>>>
>>> Anne
>> Just so!
>>
>> Track log interval is set (from the main menu - press 'find' twice) by
>> picking tracks, then set-up, then 'auto' & 'most often'.
>
> I can't see that.  Set-up offers me time, display, units, interface and
> system.  None of them refer to interval.

It is under tracks on the Etrek H. Select tracks. Then SETUP (under
tracks) . Second menu option is RECORD INTERVAL. Options are
DISTANCE|TIME|AUTO.

As others have said, the etrek H is serial only: no USB.

And the etrek H is the most suitable Garmin model for mapping.

You need to explore the menus a bit more. Often things are down several
levels in the menus.

ael