[OSM-newbies] How to map a place that allows to cross a waterway=stream

Alberto Nogaro bartosomail at yahoo.it
Sun Dec 7 13:41:50 GMT 2008

How should we mark the point where a path crosses a shallow stream? That is,
the stream is shallow enough (under normal conditions) at crossing point,
but not particularly shallow relative to the rest of the stream? If we
cannot mark the crossing as a ford, how can we point out that a stream must
be crossed, requiring the same cautions as when crossing at a place which is
shallow relative to the rest of the stream?

[...]
>Thorir Jonsson wrote:
> > "A ford is a place in a watercourse (most commonly a stream or river)
> > that is shallow enough to be crossed by wading, on horseback, or in a
> > wheeled vehicle."

[...]