[OSM-newbies] first time editing with JOSM!

Iván Sánchez Ortega ivan at sanchezortega.es
Tue Dec 16 22:47:15 GMT 2008

El Martes, 16 de Diciembre de 2008, Ed Loach escribió:
> It depends on the GPS device I think. On mine (a GT-31, though
> forget the maker) you save the tracks and the waypoints to the
> memory card as separate (BIN) files (if you use the memory card
> rather than the USB cable, which I don't so can't comment on how
> that works). You then use the Navilink software that came with it to
> convert the BIN file into the various other format files, including
> GPX. So you end up with separate GPX files for the track and the
> waypoints (in my case).

I also happen to be the owner of a GT-31 (after my GT-11 died). It is possible
to convert the .bin files to standard .gpx... just reply me in private if
you'd like my hack-ish scripts :-)

Cheers,
--

Proudly running Debian Linux with 2.6.26-1-amd64 kernel, KDE 3.5.9, and PHP
5.2.6-5 generating this signature.
Uptime: 23:46:07 up 3 days,  5:12,  3 users,  load average: 1.66, 1.01, 0.60