[OSM-newbies] Incomplete way

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 26 22:39:26 GMT 2008

On Tuesday 26 February 2008 21:10:46 Thomas Wood wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 8:55 PM, Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com>
wrote:
> > It looks like your GPX file
> >
> >   thong2_track.gpx
> >
> >  loaded successfully with 71 out of a possible
> >  71 points.
>
> Although not related to your problem, this seems a very low number of
> points - indicating a rough track, it may be worthwhile investigating
> your GPS' settings to see if you can get the resolution higher.

This is a borrowed older gps.  I have a feeling that as I get into this I am
going to want to buy a new one :-)

> >  I've just gone through the trace, adding ways and tags, but I have a
> > problem. According to the colour scheme I have an 'Incomplete way'.  I
> > can't see any junction that isn't correctly joined.  If I select a way it
> > highlights for the correct length.  What must I do to find the problem?
> > Thanks
>
> I believe that 'Incomplete Way's no longer exist (since of api version
> 0.3), this key should probably be removed from JOSM, since it has a
> shade close to that of regular ways - which results in confusion.

OK.  I've done all the editing I can for today, so I'll upload it.  However,
the site appears to be down at the moment.  I can load other pages, but not
the OSM one.  I lost the tags when I saved work before.  Is there any way of
making sure they survive?  I don't see how they can be lost to JOSM yet
survive an upload, when both are reading the same file.

Anne