[OSM-newbies] Incomplete way

Thomas Wood grand.edgemaster at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 22:52:28 GMT 2008

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 10:39 PM, Anne Wilson
<cannewilson at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday 26 February 2008 21:10:46 Thomas Wood wrote:
>  > On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 8:55 PM, Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com>
>  wrote:
>  > > It looks like your GPX file
>  > >
>  > >   thong2_track.gpx
>  > >
>  > >  loaded successfully with 71 out of a possible
>  > >  71 points.
>  >
>  > Although not related to your problem, this seems a very low number of
>  > points - indicating a rough track, it may be worthwhile investigating
>  > your GPS' settings to see if you can get the resolution higher.
>  >
>  This is a borrowed older gps.  I have a feeling that as I get into this I am
>  going to want to buy a new one :-)
>

>  > >  I've just gone through the trace, adding ways and tags, but I have a
>  > > problem. According to the colour scheme I have an 'Incomplete way'.  I
>  > > can't see any junction that isn't correctly joined.  If I select a way it
>  > > highlights for the correct length.  What must I do to find the problem?
>  > > Thanks
>  >
>  > I believe that 'Incomplete Way's no longer exist (since of api version
>  > 0.3), this key should probably be removed from JOSM, since it has a
>  > shade close to that of regular ways - which results in confusion.
>  >
>  OK.  I've done all the editing I can for today, so I'll upload it.  However,
>  the site appears to be down at the moment.  I can load other pages, but not
>  the OSM one.  I lost the tags when I saved work before.  Is there any way of
>  making sure they survive?  I don't see how they can be lost to JOSM yet
>  survive an upload, when both are reading the same file.
>
>  Anne

Yes, the OSM server is a little under strain at the moment due to the
recent slashdotting (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slashdot_effect)
Saving your progress in JOSM and reloading and uploading in a few days
should be fine. JOSM will save the details of what needs to be changed
as well as the data.

--
Regards,
Thomas Wood