[OSM-newbies] Incomplete way

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 27 17:26:29 GMT 2008

On Wednesday 27 February 2008 17:13:54 Thomas Wood wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 9:08 AM, Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com>
wrote:
> > On Tuesday 26 February 2008 22:52:28 Thomas Wood wrote:
> >  > Yes, the OSM server is a little under strain at the moment due to the
> >  > recent slashdotting (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slashdot_effect)
> >  > Saving your progress in JOSM and reloading and uploading in a few days
> >  > should be fine. JOSM will save the details of what needs to be changed
> >  > as well as the data.
> >
> >  I've come to the conclusion that the gps I'm using is just not up to the
> > job. The walk we took takes half an hour, and just 71 points registered.
> > I'm going to buy a new one and start afresh, treating what has gone so
> > far as a learning curve.
>
> It could be just that the GPS is misconfigured, what model are you using?

It's a 5-year-old eTrex.  It doesn't have the facility to change the frequency
of recording points.  The software is v.2.0.2, and I think even upgrading it
to 2.5 wouldn't give me that.  It won't take 3.0

> >  Is it possible to delete the trace I uploaded?  I'd like a really clean
> > start.
>
> Yes, go to http://www.openstreetmap.org/traces/mine
> Click on the trace
> And hit the delete button.

Reluctantly, after all the time I spent on it, I've deleted it.  It's just not
good enough.  When my new unit arrives I'll start afresh and get a better
trace.

Thanks for the help

Anne