[OSM-newbies] Culdesacs

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 10:34:33 GMT 2008

On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 6:31 AM, David Newman <dfn at mit.edu> wrote:
> I have gone back and turned the circular way into a residential,
> which removed the shaded polygon and instead set the nodes to
> turning_circle which put rectangles around the selected nodes.

Either you set a highway=mini_roundabout or turning_circle on the
single node finishing the way, or you draw the circular way and keep
the highway=residential. Tagging more than one node with these tags is
a mistake. Some people combine the circular way and the
mini_roundabout on one of the nodes to enable the corresponding icon
on the mapnik map, but I think it's unnecessary work (normally,
mini_roundabouts belong to junctions).