[OSM-newbies] JOSM preference set up

mclay mclay2 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 17:52:39 BST 2008

Hello,  New Here.

I read an old post about a Dummies manual.  I would really like to get a
hold of one if anyone know where I can get one.  I've got the latest version
of  JOSM working and is able to edit OSM data and all.  But what I would
really like to do is set my preferences so the downloaded OSM lines are
displayed like a map; motorways, railways, etc.  all have their own
display.  I've gone into the preference settings and entered color
preferences but none of the OSM data I download display differently.  I am
not very computer savy here, so I would appreciate step by step
instructions.

I have these settings
mappaint.standard.motorway    #FF4500
mappaint.standard.rail              # FF8C00
mappaint.standard.residential    #7CFC00
mappaint.standard.secondary    #FF00FF
node                                        #FF000

Thanks for the help,
Mui