[OSM-newbies] small-sized, track-recording, OSM-compatible GPS?

Hervé S. herve.openstreetmap at ouvaton.org
Wed Oct 29 16:19:25 GMT 2008

Iván Sánchez Ortega <ivan at sanchezortega.es> wrote:

> > - show position on OSM maps (ideally: using TangoGPS)
> > - record tracks
> > - fit in pocket (even if maybe a "larger" pocket ;-)
>
> Let me be the first to say "Garmin eTrex series".

I just went to have a look but I'm a bit lost in the huge number of
models -are you sure they can use openstreetmap cartography?

Also, it's unclear for me what is the max size of their SD cards (some
models say "128Mb" which is extremely low compared to the Freerunner
-indeed I've currently more than 256Mb of OSM cards preloaded here...

--
Hervé S. [FR, EN, SP, IT]
xxxxx.openstreetmap at ouvaton.org
please add back my first name, herve, in place of xxxxx