[OSM-newbies] Shops

David david_moerike at arcor.de
Wed Sep 10 18:42:28 BST 2008

Hello,

I find it - for traveling businessmen and tourists - a fine idea to have
more categories of shops, with appropriate symbols, for example photo,
hairdresser, tv/radio etc. and especially cellphones ("shit - battery
empty and I lost my battery charger in last hotel which is now 200 miles
away ...").

a problem with german drogerie and french droguerie - afaik in English
speaking countries there is no strict difference between pharmacy and
"droguerie" - how should an international map project deal with that?
Are there in English speaking countries supermarkets of droguerie type
(in German "Drogeriemarkt", for example "dm" and "Schlecker")?

Copy shop - Shop for sport dressing - and big stores which sell
especially things to pull on - we call them "Kaufhaus", aka *Grand
magasin* things such as Harrods and Galerie Lafayette ...

David