[OSM-newbies] Validation of tertiary highways in JOSM

Mike Harris mikh43 at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 2 11:03:13 GMT 2009

Hi

Is it just me - but the latest update of JOSM (2 Jan) with the latest update (2 Jan) of the validator plugin suddenly seems to object to relations that are routes (is this a side-effect of the update to render multipolygon relations - I do have mappaint.multipolygon set = true as recommended on the JOSM start-up page). Also the new validator / JOSM combination seems to object to tertiary highways that do not have a "reference" key and value - while I can normally give a "reference" value for more major highways, I rarely know one for a tertiary highway and simply use name=, with no reference; there does not seem to be a problem with highways lower in the hierarchy such as 'unclassified'.

Rgds

Mike Harris