[OSM-newbies] Map Color

Ed Loach ed at loach.me.uk
Fri Jan 9 14:35:47 GMT 2009

Claudius wrote:

> If you find one of these please access that region on
> www.informationfreeway.org at zoom level 12:
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=-
> 38.242&lon=144.398&zoom=11&layers=0B00FTF
>
> On that page you can hoover the mouse cursor on that tile and
> hit "l" on
> the keyboard to mark this tile as a land tile. You can see the
> hotkeys
> on the bottom of the map view.

Someone asked in December on the Tiles at Home list whether this still
worked. It wasn't answered as such at the time, so I asked again
this morning and got the answer:

--- Start quote ---
At the moment: no. That is: a user's update is logged, but is only
manually
processed, if ever.

IMHO the best way is to either get an svn account, or contact
someone with an
svn account (or post on this list) to get changes done.
That way at least there is accountability.
--- End quote ---
The "this list" referred to is the Tiles at Home one.

Hope this helps

Ed