[OSM-newbies] "view" problem - more on tracert

Russ Phillips russ at phillipsuk.org
Wed Jun 24 13:38:59 BST 2009

2009/6/24 ael <law_ence.dev at ntlworld.com>

> Dan O'Hara wrote:
>

> > I can not recall how to save/file/print results of dos commands at the
> > command prompt.  It's been at least 10 years since I last did such things.
> > (It took me ages to find a command prompt window!)  So I can not show the
> > path.
>
> Until a Windows person replies, maybe the Print screen key will do it? I
> believe it silently puts a screen dump into the clipboard (there is some
> variation to capture a single window rather than the whole screen).
> OTOH, can't you just select the text with the mouse and then use Cntl-C
> (or whatever windoze uses) to copy the ascii again into the clipboard.
> Then paste it into an email?

Print Screen may be easier, but I'm not sure if the list will allow
attachments. Hold down ALT whilst pressing Print Screen, and it will
just copy the active window. The picture can then be pasted into MS
Paint or similar.

To copy and paste from a DOS box:
Right-click in the DOS box title bar, select Edit->Mark from the pop-up menu
Drag a box around the text you want to copy
Right-click in the DOS box title bar, select Edit->Copy from the pop-up menu

This will have copied the selected area into the clipboard. You can
paste it into an e-mail as normal.

Russ