[OSM-newbies] Routing in assembled map on Garmin

Henning Kaag Mortensen Henning at KaagMortensen.de
Wed Mar 11 20:36:25 GMT 2009

Hi everybody,

I assembled a map and downloaded it to my garmin 60cs, as described in
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_Map_On_Garmin/Download, "How to
assemble your own map ". It works fine, but:

The Garmin does not take all roads into account, when it calculates a
route to a target.
Is it not supposed to, or do I need to do something when I assemble the
map? For example tell which roads shall be routable?

  Highways were taken into account, but I think anything smaller than
that were not used. But shown on the map

Best regards
Henning

Henning Kaag Mortensen, Margarethenstrasse 12A, D-82049 Pullach

Phone : +49 89 36 890 820
Fax   : +49 89 36 890 819
Mobile: +49 171 388 40 37

E-Mail: Henning at KaagMortensen.de