[OSM-newbies] My First Project (@ the end of the street)

Thomas Wood grand.edgemaster at gmail.com
Fri May 8 17:11:12 BST 2009

2009/5/8 Ernst Radema <Radema at xs4all.nl>:
> Hello guys,
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/index.html?lat=52.09428&lon=6.06055&zoom=7
> That did not work out as I expected.
>

> This one is better I believe.
> It's the location of my house, in closest zoom-level
> The site is to the east at the end of the street.
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/index.html?lat=52.352462&lon=4.904422&zoom=18
>
> It brings me to a question, of course, lots of questions!
>
> The surface within the unregular almost trapezoid shape has been demolished
> over the last couple of month. Most of the previously built area now is
> vacant land. Restructuring with different use of land will take place over
> the next two years.

I think landuse=construction is what you need to add to a polygon
around the area you describe.

> The change of function is for a historic building that stays in place.
> Along the water (the River Amstel, Amsterdam is called after) residential
> building exist. They will also stay where and as they are.
> Along the bottom street a Monumental Industral building (Diamond Industry)
> is rescued, which actually reaches as far as the sidestreet, but not to the
> street along the River.

I don't fully understand what you mean here.

> I would like to take this area up as My First "Project", but what should I
> do? How should I start?

There's a reference page on the wiki that lists how to tag common
things. http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Map_Features
You're not limited to what's there, you can make your own tags up,
it's just a good starting point though!

> Ernst

Regards,
Thomas Wood