[OSM-newbies] newbies Digest, Vol 27, Issue 13

Aspen Swartz aspendel at gmail.com
Sat May 9 03:38:45 BST 2009

In Potlatch, there is a button on the lower left, with the background,
reverse way, and other buttons, that looks like a pair of scissors.
Select a point on the way, where you wish it to be split, and hit the
scissors button.

I have my own question:

Some ways serve as the edge of more than one area.  A road can be also
the edge of a landuse category; a river can serve as a boundary; and
many administrative borders are multiple- that is, the northern border
of my home county is also the northern border of my home state and
country, the western border of my home county is the centerline of a
river.   How can I make an area that includes sections like this that
need to be tagged diffferently?  So far it seems like Potlatch won't
recognize a circular way unless it's one continuous way, with no
splits.  Am I just understanding Potlatch wrong?

-Aspen

How can I create these multiple-meaning borders?