[OSM-newbies] JOSM and Yahoo imagery in the US - white stripes again on Gnome

Eric Ladner eric.ladner at gmail.com
Fri May 29 16:29:51 BST 2009

Within the last month or so, white stripes started showing up in the Yahoo
WMS imagery.  I thought, "no problem, I'll just switch to the Gnome Fix
version".  However, it's not totally fixed by the Gnome Fix version.  About
half the tiles get the white stripped off my the pnmcrop, but the other half
don't.

Has anybody seen this behavior and/or have a fix for it?

I tried hacking around with the gnome-photo-web-fixed (or whatever it's
called - not sure if I'm remembering it correctly) but no luck.  I plan on
doing some more detailed investigations tonight by modifying the script to
save output at each step and look at each step one piece at a time.

Thanks,

Eric Ladner