[OSM-newbies] Tagging municipal/government areas

Isaac Wingfield isw at witzend.com
Wed Nov 11 04:32:14 GMT 2009

There's a local "campus" comprising several buildings, where the Santa
Clara Municipal Water District has its offices, labs, service yard for
trucks, and so on. In trying to map it, I can't find what I think is
an appropriate landuse tag on the "Map Features" page. It seems the
"industrial" or "commercial" tags wouldn't be correct, but there's
nothing else. I'm a bit surprised that there's not a "municipal" or
"government" tag.

Any suggestions on how to handle it?

Isaac

--

If I am fool, it is, at least, a doubting one; and I envy no one the
certainty of his self-approved wisdom. — Lord Byron