[OSM-newbies] Apartment Complex

Mike N. niceman at att.net
Wed Nov 18 11:26:00 GMT 2009

>>I have a number of apartment complexes to map...
>
> When I started mapping, I asked a similar question. Based on the responses
> I got and other features, I use a site relation. Example:
> http://osm.org/go/TaBoJz7Oq-

  Great example.   I have a question that the wiki doesn't clarify:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relations/Proposed/Site .   I believe it
would be best to have the relation site members as inside a polygon (or
multipolygon relation), and that would enclose all site-related members.
That way as new features are mapped inside the polygon, there is no need to
remember to add them to the relation.

   Also as discussed in the discussion page, tagged elements need not have
that role in the relation - a boundary role or perimeter relation role need
not be designated if the way itself is tagged as boundary?