[OSM-newbies] Calculating Bounding Box dimensions from a centred image

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 02:54:58 BST 2010

> Does anyone know if it is possible to produce an image (with say nik2img.py
> or mapnik's generate_image.py) and calculate the x,y coordinate in lat,long
> for the bottom left and top right corners of the image?

It must be possible, but offhand I don't know where the reverse projection
calculation is available.
This question may have to go to one of the technical mailing lists.

Are you heading for a GeoTiff for your overlay? If so, there's a how-to at
http://mapsfromscratch.com/notes.html
that may help.

--
Bill