[OSM-newbies] Locking tags is it possible?

Mike Swope mswope at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 22:49:27 BST 2010

I'd just hop on the geoserver list. You can style it however you like, serve
it up and write your own front end. Even use openlayers as your interface
for the users.

To get started, read some of the docs from geoserver.org and you'll probably
want to use a postgis database, both of which are free.

If you choose to use osm data, it imports easily into postgis. You probably
would just need an extract rather than the whole planet.osm file. Extracts
found at download.cloudmade.com or something.

You might take a look at
http://workshops.opengeo.org/stack-intro/

and browse around this site