[OSM-newbies] Mapnik local tiles are missing data

Lennard ldp at xs4all.nl
Thu Aug 5 22:30:59 BST 2010

On 5-8-2010 22:04, Trevan Richins wrote:

> Second thing is that at zoom 0, there are no names. At zoom 1, I see
> some city names (but no country names). But at zoom 3, the country
> borders disappear (and state borders never show up). At zoom 4, the city
> names disappear. Streets never show up at any zoom level.

What you are seeing is just the data from the shapefiles. You don't seem
to be rendering any of the OSM data from postgis.

> osm2pgsql –E 4326 –S default.style –slim –d gis –C 2048
> planet-latest.osm.bz2

This looks right, although you could've taken -l instead of -E 4326. You
might still check geometry_columns to see if the srid is indeed 4326.

> My generate_xml.py command was:
>
> ./generate_xml.py –psg=4326 –dbname=gis –accept-none

--epsg=4326, not -psg. Also --dbname, --accept-none. Two consecutive
hyphens for options.

Also check inc/datasource-settings.xml.inc to see if everything looks
okay for your setup. That's where the settings are for postgis.

>                        map = new OpenLayers.Map("basicMap", {
>
>                                projection: 'ESPSG:4326'

ESPSG ?

--