[OSM-newbies] Forest area not showing up

Craig Wallace craigw84 at fastmail.fm
Tue Dec 14 22:53:56 GMT 2010

On 14/12/2010 14:29, Kenneth Pardue wrote:
> I've imported data from the USGS for the Kisatche National forest in
> my area, but for some reason it's not showing up in the renderer.  I
> have landuse=forest, and in Potlatch it shows up with green shading
> as it should, but I noticed that when I click on the forest outline
> in Simple mode I don't get the "area" type of tags.  Is there
> something I'm missing here?  I can't find any disconnected nodes.
> See the lower left hand corner of it here:
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=31.4182&lon=-92.3591&zoom=14&layers=M

The two ways that make up the multipolygon are not connected at their
end of one, ie there is a little bit sticking out.

Specifically, at this point:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=31.471955&lon=-92.297031&zoom=18&layers=M
Look at it with the Data layer or in an editor, and you can see the
little extra bit. Just delete that extra node, and should make it a
proper polygon, so should render properly.

I think the tagging of the area is fine.

Craig