[OSM-newbies] about tagging

SomeoneElse lists at mail.atownsend.org.uk
Fri Jul 23 13:31:30 BST 2010

On 23/07/2010 13:13, Ishtiaque Ahmed wrote:
> In OSM, today I put some POIs in the edit mode and saved them. When I
> went to view mode, I got some of my newly put points but not all. Does
> it take time to show those all on the view mode? Or am I making any
> mistake here ?

Hello and welcome!

Yes, it can take a little while for new points to appear in view mode.
However, you can use the "+" sign over at the right-hand side to select
different layers, and select the "data" layer - if you do that you
should see what you've just added.  Also, if you go back in to edit the
area that you've just edited you should see your changes of course.

The layer corresponding to the default view mode is called "Mapnik"; for
info there's another one selectable from the "+" sign called
"Osmarender" which you can also use if you want.

Best Regards,
Andy