[OSMF-membership] New member and grace periods

Jonathan Bennett jonobennett at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 20:17:15 UTC 2015

On 23/01/2015 18:44, Richard Weait wrote:
> And again, from memory, I think Henk currently uses 12months as a grace period?  I suppose that reduces the chance of " gaming" OSMF membership for voting in 13 elections but only paying 12membership fees?

Well, I propose, given that if we adopt Civi we will have:

* Email reminders of membership expiry
* A dashboard where each member can check their status
* A working group who could respond to queries from members

we reduce this period considerably once the system is established. One
month may be a bit harsh, but I think three is the absolute maximum
grace period we should adopt.

J.