[Osmf-talk] Fwd: Local Chapter Working Group Update - Looking for Volunteers

Nick Black nick at blacksworld.net
Thu Apr 16 13:11:56 UTC 2009

Reposting this to the OSM-F list, as it should be of interest here:

Hello,

The Local Chapters Working Group is looking for volunteers to help
drive the local chapters process through to completion.  Since late
last year the group has been working to set up local OSM-F chapters
that will represent the OSM-F in local territories.  Local Chapters
give local OSM groups the opportunity to officially represent the OSM-
F: they can use the OSM logos and web domains and officially represent
the OSM-F to companies, governments and media.

You can find out more about Local Chapters here: http://www.blacksworld.net/blog/2008/12/11/osm-f-update-local-chapters-are-coming/

The next phase of work for the Local Chapters Group will involve
opening more discussions with potential local leaders and members.  We
want to make sure that the Local chapters work to help the people on
the ground organize mapping and OpenStreetMap activities more
effectively.  To carry this out, we need help from some volunteers who
can dedicate 2-4 hours a week over the next 6 weeks to get in touch
with potential local leaders and members.

If can offer you time to call, email and engage in dialogue with
OSMers around the world, and then work with the Local Chapters Group
to refine the current draft, please get in touch with me (nick at osmfoundation.org
).

If you are a local leader or community member who's been in contact
with me or the Local Chapters group recently - we'll be getting back
in touch soon.  If you have not had a chance to give you opinion, or
if you have any more questions, please get in touch.

The latest working draft of the Federation agreement is here: http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dgdmw5gt_7gtj36hhh

--
Nick Black
twitter.com/nick_b