[Osmf-talk] This year's AGM and elections

Peter Miller peter.miller at itoworld.com
Thu Aug 6 09:36:51 UTC 2009

On 6 Aug 2009, at 10:24, Frederik Ramm wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Ulf Möller wrote:
>> I'm wondering if I should get a plane ticket. (It wouldn't make too
>> much
>> sense just for a 20 minute meeting...) So, who is going to be
>> there? Are
>> there plans for the OSM anniversary party yet?
>
> I'll be there but I don't expect too much from the AGM either (never
> been to one but I assume that neither voters nor candidates will
> turn up
> in huge numbers - and rightly so, since expecting candidates to turn
> up
> in person would discriminate against those from further away, or at
> least those who aren't on expenses ;-)

AGM's are a formality really and I would guess there won't be time to
do much. I will be there because it is easy for me. Personally I would
suggest that people coming from further away defer coming until the
new director team is known and then to get at least some of them
(hopefully all but I realise that could be a challenge) together in
person and start to thrash out an agenda for the year.

The other reason to come is the party of course. There is a page about
it, but I don't see anyone leading it at present.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OpenStreetMap_5th_Anniversary_Birthday_party

Regards,

Peter