[Osmf-talk] [OSM-talk] Status of the Local Chapter working group

Jochen Topf jochen at remote.org
Sun Aug 9 17:45:29 UTC 2009

Hi!

On Thu, Aug 06, 2009 at 05:29:23PM +0200, Michael Kugelmann wrote:
> looking at the foundation web site and the wiki, there is very few
> information on the local chapter working group - only a draft of the
> federation agreement is linked withought an information on the version
> or date it was created! Additionally there are no meeting minutes
> available at all. (or at least I didn't find iformation and minutes).
> On the Saturday eving at the SOTM09 there was a meeting relatetd to to
> local chapters.
>
> So please could:
> A) somebody from the working group give the current status (and maybe
> add a version information to the draft!)
> B) somebody joining the SOTM meeting provide information what was
> discussed and potential results
> C) somebody from the working group providing information on next steps...

I am not a member of the working group, but to get the ball rolling again
I have brought the wiki page at
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Foundation/Local_Chapters up to date
and added all the stuff that I remember from our meeting at SOTM.

I have tried to bring in all the issues that were raised in a form that
they can be discussed easily. I think the creation of a legal document
as the formal agreement between OSMF and a local chapter is only the second
step. The first is that we as a community have to agree roughly on how
the relationship between OSMF and the local chapters should be shaped and
how they fit into the larger context of the OSM community and the other
work of OSMF.

Because this is probably an issue of interest to more than current OSM
members, I would encourage you to discuss things on the talk list and on
the wiki.

Jochen