[Osmf-talk] How big will the board be this coming year?

Daniel Glassey dglassey at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 10:33:06 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 12:42 PM, Andy Robinson
(blackadder)<blackadderajr at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Peter,
>
> OSMF is allowed a maximum number of 8 on the board. There has never been any
> discussion within the board to raise it above the 7 we currently have.

The articles say:
BOARD OF MANAGEMENT

Until otherwise determined by a General Meeting, the number of members
of the Board shall not be less than two nor more than eight.

The first members of the Board shall be as named in the Statement
delivered to the Registrar of Companies pursuant to section 10 of the
Act.

The Board may from time to time and at any time appoint any member of
the Association as a member of the Board, either to fill a casual
vacancy or by way of addition to the Board, provided that the
prescribed maximum be not thereby exceeded. Any member so appointed
shall retain his office only until the next Annual General Meeting,
but he shall then be eligible for re-election.

No person who is not a member of the Association shall in any
circumstances be eligible to hold office as a member of the Board.

I don't know how this would work procedurally, but I'd like to propose
that the new board add the candidate with the eighth highest number of
votes to the board[1].

Also IIUC the AGM can determine that the board can be larger than 8.

Regards,
Daniel

[1] provided they aren't too far behind number 7 fsdo 'too far'.