[Osmf-talk] EVERYONE: PLEASE VOTE

Nick Black nick at blacksworld.net
Thu Aug 20 13:14:18 UTC 2009

OSM Foundation Members,

I'm going to leave this one to you to decide.  Etienne and others
clearly feel, despite every assurance I and others from CloudMade have
given that I and others from CloudMade are acting against the
interests of the OSM-Foundation and its members.

I've made every assurance I can that I have not told or ordered anyone
to join the Foundation or told or ordered anyone to vote for any
particular candidate or set of candidates.  What I have done is
encourage all of the people I've met over the weeks since the State of
the Map who are interested in the OSM Foundation to sign up and vote.
Just a few hours ago, one of the Foundation's newest members joined
this community.  I met him for the first time on Monday evening at a
meetup in London.

I expect everyone I have encouraged and helped to join the OSM-F to
vote for the Board that they want to see, based on the track record
and manifesto of the candidates.

The mud slinging and allegations are getting too much.  Enough has
been said and now its over to the members.  If anyone wants to talk
about any of these issues please contact me personally and I will
reply to you.  But when my reputation and the nature of my intentions
are publicly questioned by a fellow Board member, I think its time to
bow out of the discussion.

I'll look forward to seeing some of you at the 5th anniversary party
in London on Saturday.

--
Nick

--