[Osmf-talk] Membership

Peter Miller peter.miller at itoworld.com
Fri Aug 21 08:46:36 UTC 2009

On 21 Aug 2009, at 09:15, David Earl wrote:

> On 21/08/2009 08:49, Jeroen Carelse wrote:
>> Sorry to read this Klaus and I hoped people could refrain from this
>> unnecessary and unpleasant way of communicating on this list. For
>> newcomers like you and myself it feels not very welcoming.
>
> It is deeply unpleasant for longer standing members like me too. As a
> result I am going to remove myself from this mailing list and consider
> whether I really want to be a member of the Foundation after all.

I would urge you to remain a member of the foundation and to stay on
this list (but direct the emails to a place where they don't interfere
with your daily activities for now).

Flame-wars  don't last for ever and don't do anyone involved any good.
The important thing for the community is to correctly identify any
issues behind the unreasonable behaviour and work on addressing those
issues over time. This list is the place where such standards and
issues are going to get worked out.

As a Brit I think I should observe that a lot of mud has been slung
from this country which is unacceptable and any suggestion that a
particular country is to blame is unacceptable.

Regards,

Peter