[Osmf-talk] New license change proposal status

SteveC steve at asklater.com
Wed Dec 2 19:40:53 UTC 2009

On Dec 2, 2009, at 11:33 AM, 80n wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 6:22 PM, SteveC <steve at asklater.com> wrote:
> Frederik
>
> If you have the time to write these huge rambling rebuttals, why don't you have the time to be involved with the process?
>
> We've spent man years on this process with a team of 7 people and whenever we come close to accomplishing anything we come to a big grinding halt because "Frederik has a concern".
>
> It's getting *really* boring. I think you should put aside your niggles and allow people to get on with it, the people who have spent man years working on this.
>

> Steve
> Spending a lot of time on something doesn't always make it a virtue.

The sky is not always blue.

> People should accept or reject the proposed license based on whether it is better than the current license.  Suggesting that it's time to adopt the proposed license just because you're really bored with the process is not a constructive attitude and kind of reinforces Frederick's suggestion that there is an attempt to steamroller this through.

Yes, they should "accept or reject the proposed license based on whether it is better than the current license" but I did not suggest "that it's time to adopt the proposed license", I said let them get on with it - the next step is the vote, not the adoption, the vote!

This whole process is held hostage at random by Frederik and I don't think it's fair. Why should those guys pour all the time and effort in to working on this when at any random time, Frederik can have a bowel movement and decide to hold things up. In what way is that democratic, fair, forward thinking or even reasonable given the 10 billion previous times the public have been asked for input?

It simply isn't right, and it's to the detriment of the whole project that it keeps happening.

All I'm saying is that the time for random 'concerns' has passed and we should let the LWG do it's job. It's not like it hasn't listened and been diligent over the last 1,000 years, or however long this process has been going now.

Yours &c.

Steve